Come join our growing transportation design team where you will have respect and true opportunities for advancement! With JMA, you will have the flexibility to work remote on significant projects and with a great team. Your contributions will be recognized and rewarded at our firm.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Must hold a professional engineering license in the State of California and have a minimum of five years of experience.
- Proven track record of leading and managing projects.
- Broad knowledge of standards, principles and practices of civil engineering.
- Proficient in Bentley OpenRail and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Job Duties Include:
- Transportation design, including railroad and transit facility design;
- Preparation of final construction drawings and specifications;
- Grading and drainage design;
- Utility sizing and design, including for storm drain, sanitary sewer and water systems;
- Advanced hydrologic and hydraulic analyses (beyond rational method);
- Interface with permit agencies and securing permit approvals;
- Technical report writing, including design memoranda and special study reports;
- Lead, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of staff.
- Management of sub-consultants of varying disciplines;
- Management of projects through construction, including: field visits and contractor interface, RFI response and preparation of construction field directives.
Benefits Include: company-paid medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance, participation in the 401K plan with significant employer contribution, generous bonuses, and the accrual of 2.5 weeks’ vacation annually (increases to 3 weeks at 1 year, and 4 weeks at 5 years). Starting salary varies based on your skill level and experience.
Pay: $120,000 – $200,000+ per year