Come join JMA’s growing transportation civil design team! With JMA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely on significant transportation and site development projects. Your professional advancement will be encouraged and recognized at JMA through competitive wages, benefits, bonuses, and perks.
JMA is a civil engineering design and consulting firm specializing in transit and freight rail design, campus, roadway, and industrial facilities.
This is a full-time, salaried position and requires California residency.
Pay: $80,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
*Starting salary varies based on your skill level and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in civil design, construction and/or project management
- Broad knowledge of standards, principles and practices of civil engineering
- Proficient in Bentley OpenRail and/or AutoDesign Civil 3D
Job Duties Include:
- Transportation design, including railroad and transit facility design;
- Preparation of final construction drawings and specifications;
- Grading and drainage design;
- Utility sizing and design, including for storm drain, sanitary sewer and water systems;
- Advanced hydrologic and hydraulic analyses (beyond rational method);
- Interface with permit agencies and securing permit approvals;
- Technical report writing, including design memoranda and special studies and reports;
- Lead, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of staff;
- Management of sub-consultants of varying disciplines;
- Management of projects through construction, including: field visits and contractor interface, RFI response and preparation of construction field directives.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 50% for dependents
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Participation in the 401K plan with significant employer contribution
- Generous bonuses