Seeking Talented Civil Engineer
Come join JMA’s growing transportation design team. With JMA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely on significant transportation and site development projects. Your professional advancement will be encouraged and recognized at JMA through competitive wages, benefits, bonuses, and perks.
JMA Civil, a growing Civil Engineering & Rail Design firm in California, is seeking a talented civil engineer to perform diverse design work and project management on transportation and site development projects.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
Pay: $120,000 – $200,000+ per year
*Starting salary varies based on your skill level and experience.
- Professional engineering license in the State of California;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in civil design, construction and/or project management;
- 3+ years of USA based project experience;
- Broad knowledge of standards, principles and practices of civil engineering;
- Track record of leading design and managing projects;
- Proficient in Bentley OpenRail and/or AutoDesign Civil 3D.
Job Duties Include:
- Transportation design, including railroad and transit facility design;
- Preparation of final construction drawings and specifications;
- Grading and drainage design;
- Utility sizing and design, including for storm drain, sanitary sewer and water systems;
- Advanced hydrologic and hydraulic analyses (beyond rational method);
- Interface with permit agencies and securing permit approvals;
- Technical report writing, including design memoranda and special studies and reports;
- Lead, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of staff;
- Management of sub-consultants of varying disciplines;
- Management of projects through construction, including field visits and contractor interface, RFI response and preparation of construction field directives.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 50% for dependents;
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance;
- Participation in the 401K plan with significant employer contribution;
- Generous bonuses;
- Accrual of 2.5 weeks’ vacation annually (increases to 3 weeks at 1 year, and 4 weeks at 5 years).
Non-Licensed candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience and EIT are also encouraged to apply.